You’ve made a decision to wear your fabric mask every time you go out and cannot safely socially distance. And now, you can wash it everyday, in a hygienic, efficient way so that you are ready to wear it anytime you need it. No need to wait until you collect enough clothes to throw it in the wash machine. Plus, it won’t mix with any of your other washables, so you know you are getting it as clean as you can.
Let’s go over a few things. Your theMaskWash System consists of the following components:
- theMaskWash silicone bag—food-grade silicone, BPA free, phthalate free, sealable, dishwasher safe, temperature safe from -70 to 220 C
- theMaskWash waffle weave microfibre drying towel – made from 80% polyester/20% polyamide for ultra absorbency.
- theMaskWash 100% cotton drawstring carrying bag for easy storage and travel.
theMaskWash System Care Instructions
Before using your silicone wash bag, microfibre towel and cotton travel pouch, please wash them. All of them can be washed by hand; however, the silicone bag can safely go in the dishwasher (top rack), and the towel and cotton pouch in the wash machine in the cold wash cycle. Dry on low in your machine or hang to dry.
Use your new MaskWash silicone bag as a mini wash station that is unique to your fabric mask. By washing your fabric mask everyday (following the care instructions as per the manufacturer), you are keeping it clean, therefore, adhering to the mask wearing rules advised by many scientists, doctors and the World Health Organization. Congratulations and THANK YOU!!
Just a couple of tips when washing:
- Fill the bag with water approximately 2/3 full using a bit of your favourite detergent. You can get your hands in there and give your mask a little swish or rub if heavily stained or seal the top using the zip lock seal and give it a little shake. IMPORTANT: You MUST HOLD ON to the seal as you are agitating as the pressure of the water will open the seal!! And boy, will you be mad if you spill water all over your floor!
- Rinse your mask thoroughly, wring it out, and either hang to dry or lay flat on your ultra absorbent microfibre towel.
- Once dry, go out there and enjoy wearing your freshly cleaned mask knowing that you are contributing to the overall safety of your fellow humans!